Britannia Metals sponsors Hamer Boxing for next two years
Date published: 25 February 2020
Hamer Boxing team with Britannia Metals representatives Andy and Jonathan Wilson
Rochdale-based scrap metal company, Britannia Metals, have signed up to sponsor Hamer Amateur Boxing Club and Community Fitness Centre for the next two years.
Jason Wilson, of Britannia Metals, said: “We are delighted to be able to support this great historic Rochdale boxing club and help them carry on the great work that they are doing within our community. I have a strong bond with boxing because my wife, Joanne, is the daughter of the well-known Rochdale boxing legend Johnny Butterworth.”
Hamer head coach, Steven Connellan said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for our club not to worry too much regarding our financial commitments and concentrate on improving our boxers’ skills and hopefully bringing more titles to our town.
“I know that Jason contributes to other renowned sporting organisations within Rochdale, such as Rochdale Football Club, so we are highly honoured that they think we are classed in the same bracket as the other sporting clubs that they sponsor.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale residents may not have to pay council tax until July
- 2Coronavirus: the local companies offering takeaway and delivery services
- 3Subway surprise staff at Rochdale Infirmary
- 4Residents trapped abroad by coronavirus travel restrictions
- 5JD Sports 'putting thousands at risk' by remaining open amid coronavirus pandemic