Dale Trust donates funds to local causes
Date published: 17 April 2020
Rochdale Supporters Trust logo
Dale Supporters Trust has made two donations to local good causes to support with the community and efforts in dealing with the Covid-19 crisis.
£250 has been donated to support 'wobble rooms' for NHS staff – these are areas where staff can take time to recharge their batteries between shifts and be a calming area for a workforce that is operating under pressures never before seen in this country. The donation will go towards providing wellbeing baskets in each of the ten wobble rooms in Rochdale Infirmary and the community to make life a little easier for the hard working staff.
In addition to this, a donation of £250 has also been made to the Rochdale Foodbank, situated on South Parade in town. Nationally, foodbanks are coming under increased pressure with demand for food surging during the crisis. Furthermore, things are not helped with many volunteers self isolating.
Trust chairman Colin Cavanah said: "We as a Trust were keen to do something that supported our local community during this pandemic and recognise the work that is taking place in dealing with it within the Rochdale area."
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Obituary: Lee Scott Doran
- 2Queen's birthday honours for local councillor, nurse consultant and school governor
- 3Care home failed to call for medical help after elderly mum suffered fall weeks after breaking hip
- 4‘Every woman in public life has experienced this’: Councillor speaks out on ‘gender-specific...
- 5Two solar-powered bins installed in Milkstone and Deeplish