Dale Trust donates funds to local causes
Date published: 17 April 2020
Rochdale Supporters Trust logo
Dale Supporters Trust has made two donations to local good causes to support with the community and efforts in dealing with the Covid-19 crisis.
£250 has been donated to support 'wobble rooms' for NHS staff – these are areas where staff can take time to recharge their batteries between shifts and be a calming area for a workforce that is operating under pressures never before seen in this country. The donation will go towards providing wellbeing baskets in each of the ten wobble rooms in Rochdale Infirmary and the community to make life a little easier for the hard working staff.
In addition to this, a donation of £250 has also been made to the Rochdale Foodbank, situated on South Parade in town. Nationally, foodbanks are coming under increased pressure with demand for food surging during the crisis. Furthermore, things are not helped with many volunteers self isolating.
Trust chairman Colin Cavanah said: "We as a Trust were keen to do something that supported our local community during this pandemic and recognise the work that is taking place in dealing with it within the Rochdale area."
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Optometrist helps to save sight of Rochdale man with emergency appointment
- 2Rochdale’s Got Talent: finalists revealed
- 3Women Against Groomers demand legal action against Home Secretary for failing to deport members of...
- 4Middleton man jailed for biting for police officer's arm to avoid being arrested
- 5Wetherspoon's social distancing measures for when pubs can reopen