Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 15 October 2020
Sailing at Hollingworth Lake
Martin Brennan, sailing his Solo, was the clear winner in all the races at Hollingworth Lake on Sunday (11 October).
Mike Smith, also in a Solo, was runner-up in two races.
The moderate northerly wind, off the Lakebank shore gave different tactics to recent Sundays. As the wind crosses over the houses and trees, it varies greatly in strength and direction. Martin Brennan was able to take full advantage of his experience to win.
It was a day when the seniors generally scored well. Stuart Bates and Emma Turner in a Merlin Rocket had steady results with a couple of fourth places and a second in the third race when the wind eased.
Chris Massey, with his three-year-old daughter in a Mirror, forsaking his racy single hander, took third place in the first race. The best junior was again Jasper Bramwell (Topper) with a third in the second race and overall fifth.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Council leader's concerns for vulnerable as Rochdale’s infection rate rises to highest in region
- 2Residents on low incomes offered £500 Test and Trace Support Payment to self-isolate
- 3Greater Manchester to move into Tier 3 restrictions
- 4Work to begin on site for 240 new homes in Rochdale town centre
- 5Investigation launched after gunshots fired in Heywood