Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 15 October 2020
Sailing at Hollingworth Lake
Martin Brennan, sailing his Solo, was the clear winner in all the races at Hollingworth Lake on Sunday (11 October).
Mike Smith, also in a Solo, was runner-up in two races.
The moderate northerly wind, off the Lakebank shore gave different tactics to recent Sundays. As the wind crosses over the houses and trees, it varies greatly in strength and direction. Martin Brennan was able to take full advantage of his experience to win.
It was a day when the seniors generally scored well. Stuart Bates and Emma Turner in a Merlin Rocket had steady results with a couple of fourth places and a second in the third race when the wind eased.
Chris Massey, with his three-year-old daughter in a Mirror, forsaking his racy single hander, took third place in the first race. The best junior was again Jasper Bramwell (Topper) with a third in the second race and overall fifth.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1'Recklessly driven' car crashes into telegraph pole
- 2Nurse at local hospital struck off nine years after giving patient wrong medication
- 3Enjoy 50% off social media’s famous ‘monster’ kebab – as BadBoy Kebabs comes to Sudden
- 4Man arrested on assault and kidnap charges after 'domestic disturbance'
- 5Highfield House resident celebrates an amazing 108th birthday