Sailing: Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 28 October 2020
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Adam McGovern and Ellie Davies sailing a GP14 were the clear winners in all 3 races at the lake on Sunday 25 October. Their skill and experience were needed in coping with the gusty westerly wind, despite not having sailed together for a few weeks.
Early in the first race, Martin Brennan (Solo) kept up well with the leaders but some of the younger sailors were showing great form. However, there were some capsizes too. 13-year-old Hector Droungas steered his Topper into 2nd place ahead of 18-year-old Adam Din in a Laser. Another 13-year-old, Jacob Din came in fourth in a Topper.
In the second race, Martin Brennan returned to good form with a runner-up spot with young Hector in third place and Adam Din finishing fourth.
Though the wind looked to ease in the third race, there were still strong gusts and the young sailors revelled in the conditions with Adam Din finishing in second, ahead of Hector Droungas and Tom Daniels (Laser) in fourth place.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Enjoy 50% off social media’s famous ‘monster’ kebab – as BadBoy Kebabs comes to Sudden
- 2Festive markets at Rochdale Riverside this December
- 3Remembering Chloe Cockton for milestone 21st birthday
- 4Final journey for last Pacer train after more than three decades’ service
- 5Council leader calls for ‘urgent levelling up’ of coronavirus support