Football: Two further Rochdale games postponed due to Covid
Date published: 29 December 2020
Willbutts Lane Stand
Rochdale AFC's next two League One fixtures have been postponed because players and first-team staff are self-isolating following one of the players testing positive for Covid-19.
In addition to the Boxing Day game at Blackpool, the home games due to be played against Crewe Alexandra on Tuesday 29 December and Milton Keynes Dons on Saturday 2 January have been called off.
The club advised the EFL yesterday (28 December) that it was unable to fulfil the fixtures due to Covid-19, with players and first-team staff required to self-isolate in line with EFL and Government guidance.
In a statement released yesterday, the club said: "We would like to apologise to supporters for the frustrating delay in communicating this news. This has been due to taking every step possible to ensure that we complied with all EFL regulations and guidance surrounding the suspension of fixtures. Thank you for your understanding."
Dale's next scheduled game is against Charlton Althetic on Tuesday 12 January.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Front entrance of Rochdale railway station closed for seven days from Monday
- 2Stunning replica of planet Earth to be unveiled next month in Rochdale
- 3Rochdale to adopt 20mph speed limit on residential roads as councillors back call for safer streets
- 4Rochdale health visitor wins award for supporting isolated families during the pandemic
- 5Police investigation underway after two men assaulted in Rochdale