Football: Two further Rochdale games postponed due to Covid
Date published: 29 December 2020
Willbutts Lane Stand
Rochdale AFC's next two League One fixtures have been postponed because players and first-team staff are self-isolating following one of the players testing positive for Covid-19.
In addition to the Boxing Day game at Blackpool, the home games due to be played against Crewe Alexandra on Tuesday 29 December and Milton Keynes Dons on Saturday 2 January have been called off.
The club advised the EFL yesterday (28 December) that it was unable to fulfil the fixtures due to Covid-19, with players and first-team staff required to self-isolate in line with EFL and Government guidance.
In a statement released yesterday, the club said: "We would like to apologise to supporters for the frustrating delay in communicating this news. This has been due to taking every step possible to ensure that we complied with all EFL regulations and guidance surrounding the suspension of fixtures. Thank you for your understanding."
Dale's next scheduled game is against Charlton Althetic on Tuesday 12 January.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Two of Rochdale grooming gang members second appeal to remain in the UK
- 2Planning approved for new hotel and apartment blocks in Rochdale town centre
- 3Planning submitted to redevelop Hollingworth Lake Visitor Centre to Rochdale's new RSPCA Animal...
- 4Heywood Market refurbishment sees phase one of transformation complete
- 5Police officer injured in collision when responding to 999 call