Football: Two further Rochdale games postponed due to Covid
Date published: 29 December 2020
Willbutts Lane Stand
Rochdale AFC's next two League One fixtures have been postponed because players and first-team staff are self-isolating following one of the players testing positive for Covid-19.
In addition to the Boxing Day game at Blackpool, the home games due to be played against Crewe Alexandra on Tuesday 29 December and Milton Keynes Dons on Saturday 2 January have been called off.
The club advised the EFL yesterday (28 December) that it was unable to fulfil the fixtures due to Covid-19, with players and first-team staff required to self-isolate in line with EFL and Government guidance.
In a statement released yesterday, the club said: "We would like to apologise to supporters for the frustrating delay in communicating this news. This has been due to taking every step possible to ensure that we complied with all EFL regulations and guidance surrounding the suspension of fixtures. Thank you for your understanding."
Dale's next scheduled game is against Charlton Althetic on Tuesday 12 January.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale raised drag queen to feature on upcoming RuPaul’s Drag Race UK
- 2‘Mistake’ of allowing festive mixing combined with the new Covid-19 variant will have tragic...
- 3Murder enquiry launched after death of Heywood baby
- 4Fears community relations in Rochdale could be hit if ‘absolutely critical’ liaison post is cut
- 5Former GP avoids jail after attempting to engage in sexual communication with a child