Hornets sign Ryan Forshaw
Date published: 14 April 2021
Ryan Forshaw has become the latest player to sign for Rochdale Hornets.
The half-back came through the ranks at Super League outfit Wigan Warriors, having most recently featured in their Under-19s side.
Forshaw played his amateur rugby league at Blackbrook Royals, and will wear shirt number 29 in the 2021 season, with squad numbers set to be announced in the coming days.
Head coach Matt Calland said: "Ryan has really impressed in training so far. He has a great attitude and comes highly recommended.
"With Rob Fairclough, Lewis Sheridan, Danny Yates and Luke Littlewood, this is a signing that gives me a nice headache now in the halves and competition that should bring the best out of each player."
Chairman Andy Mazey said: “Ryan is highly thought of at Wigan and undoubtedly has a big future in the game. Unfortunately like many talented young players at the moment, his opportunities have been limited due to Covid.
"I am however delighted we have been able to secure the services of a talented young man who has fast become a popular member of the group since arriving initially on trial in December. I’d like to also thank Paul Sculthorpe for his help on this.
“Welcome to Hornets, Ryan."
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Fundraiser set up for Rochdale couple after their 3-year-old son loses battle with cancer
- 2Free bulky waste collections to be introduced in Rochdale as council aims to stamp out fly-tipping
- 3New sensory and wellbeing centre opens in Rochdale
- 4Care firm that refuses to pay the living wage blasted by MPs over latest ‘unfair’ workforce plans
- 5Funeral fundraiser organised for 2-year-old Daisy Taylor