Rochdale's Kwadwo Baah signs five-year deal with Watford
Date published: 18 May 2021
Kwadwo Baah with his award
Rochdale’s Kwadwo Baah has signed a five-year contract with newly-promoted Watford for an undisclosed six-figure fee.
Baah joined Dale as a 16-year-old scholar in September 2019, making his first-team debut in October 2019.
He scored his first goal for the club in December 2020, during a 5-0 win at Wigan Athletic, and signed an 18-month professional contract in February 2020 after his 17th birthday.
He won the EFL Young Player of the Month award in January of this year, before earning his first call-up to the England Under-18s squad in March, making his debut in victory against Wales.
In total, he made 44 appearances for Dale, scoring three goals.
Baah would have been out of contract with Rochdale this summer and had he left Rochdale as a free agent to go to another club then Dale would have been due a compensation payment.
In their statement announcing the transfer, the club said that he had been offered an improved deal to stay at the Crown Oil Arena, and that the undisclosed fee agreed with Watford is higher than the fee Dale expected to be due in compensation.
Watford finished this season second in the Championship so will be back in the Premier League next season.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1‘We have lost an awful lot of parking space’: Businesses owners’ concerns over closure of town hall...
- 2Robber pushes pram over into road before ripping necklace from mum’s neck in broad daylight
- 3RSPCA on the move as Hollingworth Lake permission granted
- 4Russell’s Café moves to Yorkshire Street
- 5Huge emergency services response at River Roch in search for missing man, later found safe