Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 10 June 2021
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Clubhouse
The lake was very calm on Sunday 6 June as sailors came to race for the annual Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club Championship.
Very little sign of wind was not auspicious but seven Solo sailors turned up for the competition. As it was the end of half term and there were a number of other racing events elsewhere, only the keenest and patient sailors would search for the air to propel their boat.
The strongest candidate to win was Martin Brennan and so it proved. His unerring ability to judge where any wind would come from, as it changed on each leg of the course, secured a series of first places.
His series of race wins was only threatened in race two when Nick Hornsby managed to take the lead for a while.
Stuart Bates, Club Commodore, borrowed a boat and, after a close finish in the first race for second place, took third place overall.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Fundraiser set up for Rochdale couple after their 3-year-old son loses battle with cancer
- 2Free bulky waste collections to be introduced in Rochdale as council aims to stamp out fly-tipping
- 3Care firm that refuses to pay the living wage blasted by MPs over latest ‘unfair’ workforce plans
- 4New sensory and wellbeing centre opens in Rochdale
- 5Funeral fundraiser organised for 2-year-old Daisy Taylor