Rugby League: Mayfield under 9s beat Shevington
Date published: 29 June 2021
The final score saw Mayfield U9s run out winners 20-36
Mayfield under 9s travelled to Shevington for an early kick off on Sunday (27 June), with three regulars missing and two brand new players making their debut.
Debutant Fintan crossed the whitewash to score a treble and set the team on course for the rest of the game, which saw him awarded Man of the Match. Debutant Ben looked like he’d been playing the game for years; he took the top tackler award.
Toby scored four tries and impressed the opponents’ coaches, George played well and directed the team around the park with some great tackling from Conor, stopping the opponents in their tracks.
The final score saw Mayfield run out winners 20-36.
Shelley Wood, Youth Chair at Rochdale Mayfield ARLFC, said: “The game was close, right up until the last quarter, with all 12 lads playing their heart out, including a strong performance from Sam who crossed the line for his first try and Connor backed up a good performance with a try.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Thunderstorms and heavy rain forecast for Tuesday
- 2Royal Mail warns of delays to local postal deliveries
- 3£22.6m funding secured for manufacturing institute to be based in Rochdale
- 4Metrolink services reduced today due to discovery of damage to 43 trams
- 5Summer schools to help Rochdale pupils catch up on learning they missed out on due to pandemic