Underwater hockey taster session for new members
Date published: 27 August 2021
Rochdale Underwater Hockey Club is holding a taster session for new members
Rochdale Underwater Hockey Club is holding a taster session for new members on Thursday 2 September.
Underwater hockey is a fast exciting sport where team work is critical. It is played on the bottom of a swimming pool pushing a plastic-covered lead puck using a small bat. A diving mask, snorkel and fins are used to help players swim and see what is going on.
Prospective new members must be able to swim a minimum of four lengths and be confident in the water, aged eight-18.
The Rochdale Under-12s team are the current national champions and the adult team were victorious recently in division 5 at a national tournament.
The club plays at Oulder Hill Leisure Centre, where the taster session will take place between 7.30pm and 9.30pm on 2 September.
Interested parents can contact Rochdale Underwater Hockey Club through Facebook.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Retail and hospitality jobs' fair in Rochdale town centre
- 2Five men from Heywood, Rochdale and Littleborough charged with drug offences after dawn raids
- 3Local rail lines shut for 9 days in October for railway tunnel upgrade
- 4Temporary road closures for Williams BMW Rochdale Half Marathon and 10K
- 5Former Dale goalkeeper jailed for 28 years for sexual offences