Opening girls’ rugby league session a success
Date published: 02 October 2021
16 girls got involved with a girls’-only rugby league session over the weekend with special guests Victoria Molyneux (second left) and Paige Travis (far right)
16 girls aged from 11-16 from Rochdale got involved with a Rochdale Hornets Sporting Foundation girls’-only rugby league session last weekend with special guests Victoria Molyneux and Paige Travis.
Victoria Molyneux, the current Wigan Warriors Women’s vice-captain, led the session at Rochdale Mayfield over the weekend.
“The future is bright for girls’ Rugby League in Rochdale,” said Molyneux.
“A fantastic first taster session this morning at Rochdale Mayfield. We can’t wait for the next one.”
St Helens Women’s player Paige Travis also helped coach the successful session.
Further free sessions will also be held on 9 and 23 October, and are open to girls aged 11-16.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Fundraiser started for families of Electricity North West engineers killed and injured in crash
- 2Electricity North West engineer killed in Littleborough crash
- 3Driver arrested after car flipped onto flower bed in Middleton
- 4Little ‘Pink’ Borough: Busy Beans Coffee and The Image Warehouse named best dressed windows
- 5Rochdale Neighbourhood Task Force make three arrests in crack down on burglaries