Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 28 September 2021
Photo: Sam McGovern
Jasper Bramwell finished 7th at the RYA Junior Championship
Some of the club’s junior sailors recorded impressive results away at the RYA Junior Championship this weekend (25 & 26 September). The championship was sailed at Derwent Reservoir Sailing Club in the North East, near Consett. On Saturday, in light winds, there was one race only but Sunday brought a north easterly breeze to keep sailors work harder.
Sailors were divided, by experience, into categories. In the Championship fleet of 37 Toppers, 13-year-old Jasper Bramwell finished 7th overall. For the less experienced, there was a Regatta fleet which Millie Hayfield won, with Xavier Bramwell in 4th place, sister Annabel in 7th and Annabelle Hayfield just behind in 8th place.
Conditions at Hollingworth Lake on Sunday (26 September) were excellent with a westerly breeze and sunshine. There were four Solos out who dominated the results with very close racing. Andy Carter was the overall winner with a win and 2 second places. Nick Hornsby won the first race, then had a second and a third. Nick Brook won the last race after a long challenge from Martin Brennan.
The faster boats of Richard and Heather Marsh (RS400) and Les Bithell with Emma Turner (Merlin Rocket) never managed to get far enough ahead to lead on handicap.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Fundraiser started for families of Electricity North West engineers killed and injured in crash
- 2Electricity North West engineer killed in Littleborough crash
- 3Driver arrested after car flipped onto flower bed in Middleton
- 4Little ‘Pink’ Borough: Busy Beans Coffee and The Image Warehouse named best dressed windows
- 5Rochdale Neighbourhood Task Force make three arrests in crack down on burglaries