Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 07 October 2021
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club House
Racing at Hollingworth Lake on Sunday 3 October was limited to a few who ventured out.
It was a wild wind during the first race and the three boats avoided capsizes, except for Daisy Fisher who, having overtaken Andy Carter in his Solo, blew over on a tack in her Laser 4.7 at the finish line but quickly recovered.
The wind eased a little for the second race as the rain stopped. Another heavy shower brought the wind back up in strength and this time Adam and Jacob Din set out in their newly acquired 420. This dinghy has a trapeze for the crew giving an exciting ride for the brothers. As the gusts of wind raced across the lake, they did get wet when the gust eased.
Jasper Bramwell in his Topper bravely sailed all three races showing his skill in handling his boat in strong winds.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Fundraiser started for families of Electricity North West engineers killed and injured in crash
- 2Electricity North West engineer killed in Littleborough crash
- 3Driver arrested after car flipped onto flower bed in Middleton
- 4Little ‘Pink’ Borough: Busy Beans Coffee and The Image Warehouse named best dressed windows
- 5Rochdale Neighbourhood Task Force make three arrests in crack down on burglaries