Successful debut for Milnrow Boxing's first pro fighter
Date published: 29 October 2021
Photo: Craig Szlatoszlavek
James Albert, of Milnrow Boxing, at his debut against Ryan Hibbert
Milnrow Boxing’s first professional fighter is gearing up for his second fight in December after a successful debut.
James Albert, 35, has become Milnrow Boxing’s first professional fighter, who started his career in fine form after winning his debut in September.
Albert faced off against Ryan Hibbert at the Bolton Whites Hotel, where he won on points after a 'tough fight'. His next bout will take place on 11 December at the same venue.
Milnrow Boxing – previously known as Micky’s Gym – on Beal Terrace is run by former professional boxer Mick Mulcahy, whose pro career spanned from 1988 to 1999.
His wife, Michelle, said: “Mick sees the champion in everyone. James has had a lot of support since turning pro; he’s even sponsored by a guy in Marbella who has his own brand of vodka.
“Mick’s now able to train pro fighters after passing his exams and becoming affiliated this summer.
“He’s a big part of the community as boxing teaches discipline and keeps the kids off the streets.”
The gym opened in 2019 and provides classes for adults and children.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Middleton man jailed for his part in ‘industrial scale' £61m drug conspiracy
- 2Landlord of historic pub assures locals he’s ‘not turning it into a rave’ as venue gets outdoor...
- 3Rochdale man sentenced to 14 years in prison after running elderly man over with his own car
- 4Four new units being built at Kingsway Business Park
- 5Christmas Toy Appeal needs your support