Swimming: Aquabears back to competition success after lockdown
Date published: 30 November 2021
Aquabears members show off their medals
After a long hiatus of lockdowns, swimmers from local club Aquabears have roared back into competition success at the Blackpool Lights 2021.
Thirty swimmers brought home an impressive haul of 19 medals from the level 3 licenced event on 20 and 21 November.
Joel Birtles swam 100 freestyle in 56 seconds to land one of 11 gold medals, whilst Kyle Duran won one of five silvers for his 57 second time in the same race. Three bronze medals rounded out the overall results.
Head coach John Weaver said: “We were super pleased with an amazing weekend of PBs, qualifications for counties, and medal winners.
“Highlights included two swimmers swimming under one minute in a 100 freestyle, taking gold and silver respectively, and Lauren Cusick swam an amazing 50m breaststroke in 34-seconds and qualifying for the nationals.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Children as young as 10 assaulting security guards, swearing and throwing furniture around...
- 2Eligible pensioners can claim £30 gift voucher for food and essentials
- 3Rochdale man's body recovered in Cumbria after search for missing paddleboarder
- 4Faster broadband speeds on the way for Rochdale
- 5Sugar levy should be spent by councils to tackle physical inactivity and ensure lasting...