Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 30 March 2022
Photo: Graham Knox
The start of the second race
Martin Brennan, in his Solo, was the clear winner on Sunday (27 March) at the lake. This also meant that he won the Frostbite Series during the month.
The easterly wind proved more fickle than usual. At times it would die away and then come back with a strong band of wind across the lake. Those are conditions in which Martin excels. He won the first and second races. In the second one he was chased closely by Mike Smith, also Solo. However, in the third race, when the wind steadied and was stronger, it was Mike Smith who won with Martin taking runner-up spot. Two third places gave Richard Mason and Nicola Thomason, in a GP14, third place overall on their first outing of the season.
There was a good turnout of junior sailors in Toppers. Jasper Bramwell sailed consistently with a couple of fourth places and a fifth. This placed him overall ahead of Martin and Rene Watts in their Merlin Rocket.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Care home told it still needs to improve after ‘poor communication’ put residents at ‘increased...
- 2Middleton Independents Party councillor defects to Labour less than a month after elections
- 3New plans revealed for 200-home neighbourhood at controversial site
- 4Platinum Jubilee street parties and events in Rochdale borough
- 5Rochdale artists head to London to perform for Jubilee celebrations