Football: Rochdale AFC confirms released players
Date published: 09 May 2022
Alex Newby is one of the players not being offered a new contract
Rochdale AFC has named its out of contract players leaving the club now the 2021/22 season has ended.
Players out of contract and leaving the club this summer are Joel Coleman, Matty Done, Joe Dunne, Jay Lynch, Alex Newby and Brad Wade.
Of those players out of contract, the club will offer new deals to Eoghan O’Connell, Max Clark, Stephen Dooley and Corey O’Keeffe.
Jim McNulty has signed a one-year extension to his player-coach contract.
Loanees Josh Andrews, George Broadbent, Danny Cashman, Jeriel Dorsett, Paul
and Jake Eastwood have all now returned to their parent clubs.
All other players remain under contract.
From the youth team, Jordan Scanlon has been offered his first professional contract, whilst negotiations continue with fellow second-year scholar Peter Thomas regarding professional terms.
Ethan Brierley and Brad Kelly, who signed professional contracts last summer, remain under contract. All other second-year scholars will depart the club.
A spokesperson for the football club said: “We would like to place on record our thanks to those who are leaving the club for their contribution to the Dale cause during their time at the Crown Oil Arena and wish them all the best for the future.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Care home told it still needs to improve after ‘poor communication’ put residents at ‘increased...
- 2Middleton Independents Party councillor defects to Labour less than a month after elections
- 3New plans revealed for 200-home neighbourhood at controversial site
- 4Platinum Jubilee street parties and events in Rochdale borough
- 5Rochdale artists head to London to perform for Jubilee celebrations