Hollingworth Lake Rowing Club
Date published: 09 June 2022
Tia Lenihan was the fastest female junior sculler
Members of Hollingworth Lake Rowing Club (HLRC) attended the National Watersports Centre at Holme Pierrepont for the 2022 Nottingham City Regatta on Saturday 21 May, and the Nottingham Masters Club regatta on Sunday 22 May.
On Saturday the weather was kind, although with a stiff head wind. It did make the 2k, six lane race course challenging to scull the first 1,000 metres. Clubs from as far afield as Bewl Bridge, Kingston, Bristol and Durham came to Nottingham to race.
The Littleborough club had over 16 entries across the weekend and had many great races but the most successful was Tia Lenihan who came first in her race and was the fastest female junior sculler on Saturday.
Conditions were similar on Sunday with a stiff head wind. Racing started at 8.30am and finished at 5pm, with a race every four minutes to give a total of 120 races, with each being a final. Leanna Daniels was the first HLRC winner in single scull, Masters A.
Further wins came for the Price brothers, Graham and Nigel, who bagged a two wins, one in the pair and the other in Masters F, double scull. Alex Barnett, had a close second in Masters C, single scull, but later gained his first place, with Keith Lawton in Masters D, double scull.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Mayor and Deputy Mayor of Greater Manchester call for Rochdale grooming gang deportations to be...
- 210 members of M40 gang jailed for 131 years after Rochdale police investigation
- 3Mellor Street Aldi undergoes refurbishment
- 4Quick-thinking schoolboy, 11, praised for 'heroic' actions
- 5Andy Burnham admits he wasn’t forced to introduce Clean Air Zone charges in heated debate