Aquabear coach Lucy Cannavan wins silver in British Summer Championships
Date published: 30 July 2022
Aquabear coach Lucy Cannavan
Aquabear coach Lucy Cannavan, of Alkrington, has won a silver medal in the Speedo British Summer Championships (22-28 July).
The former Cardinal Langley pupil, 18, landed a personal best in the 50m breaststroke, with a time of 32.77.
Lucy qualified for the heats with a time of 33.26, going into the final as the second fastest in her age category.
Lucy, who is going to study chemistry at university in September, has really enjoyed working with coach Matt Turner. She has been training at the City of Manchester and will continue with her swimming.
She went to Dubai in February with Swim England as part of her ‘Diploma in Sporting Excellence’ two-year course which has run alongside her A-levels at Xavarian College.
Lucy began swimming at the age of 12, after seeing how much her younger brother enjoyed competing and has gone on to shine in the sport.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Children as young as 10 assaulting security guards, swearing and throwing furniture around...
- 2Rochdale man's body recovered in Cumbria after search for missing paddleboarder
- 3Sugar levy should be spent by councils to tackle physical inactivity and ensure lasting...
- 4Rochdale-born Al-Qaeda terrorist denied parole
- 5Milnrow man, 20, disqualified from driving for 4 years