Dale release players
Date published: 13 May 2010
Rochdale boss Keith Hill has begun his preparations for life in League One by releasing three players.
Dale secured promotion for only the second time in their history after finishing third in League Two and Hill is looking to freshen up his squad ahead of the new season.
Michael Lea, Kallum Higginbotham and Ciaran Toner have all been informed they are no longer required at Spotland, while goalkeeper Kenny Arthur has been transfer listed.
All four featured in the club's promotion push but will not be retained, although there was better news for Scott Wiseman, Rory McArdle and Nathan Stanton after they were all offered new deals.
Joe Thompson, Tom Kennedy, Chris Dagnall and Matt Edwards will also be given the chance to prove themselves in the third tier.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man taken to hospital after being shot near Falinge Park
- 2Police launch appeal for information following shooting near Falinge Park
- 3Mother’s heartache as killer of Chloe Cockton to be allowed home leave from prison
- 4Stress and depression leading causes of long-term sick at Rochdale Council
- 5Rochdale streets to become 20mph zones