Littleborough Canalside Development Group Prize Winning Site

Minutes of 68th meeting on Tuesday 16 March 2010.


Minutes of 68th meeting on Tuesday 16 March 2010.

Present: Cllr Peter Evans (chairman), Cynthia Davis, Keith Hallam, Brian Holden, Barry Horner, John F Kay, Barbara Weatherley, Bob Weatherley, Barbara Tunstall, Roger Davis.

1. Minutes of the last meeting (no. 67) approved with the following amendments. Delete “January” as being the month, substitute “February”. Delete, in item 3 paragraph 4, “Summit to Waterland”, substitute “Littleborough to Warland”.
2. Matters Arising.
2.1 JFK had spoken to BW regarding their lack of contact for which they apologised. They will discuss the upgrading of the sanitary station at Durn and also look into the possibility of a planning gain. They will revert to JFK.
2.2 No details available of the make up of members of the canal committee.
3. Towpath.
No resume has been received from Sustrans, as promised, by PE of the meeting that took place on 20/2, PE will contact Sustrans. Work has started between Durn Bridge and Bent House Bridge. It was reported there was no drainage catered for and PE will take photographs and forward these to BW.
4. Durn Marina.
4.1 JFK will meet Roger Hanbury, Chief Executive of the Waterways Trust in Rochdale on 29/4 with Paul Rowen and Peter Rowlinson of RMBC.
4.2 Developers name not yet known.
4.3 No news from BW regarding the extension of time.
4.4 Don’t Waste our Water Campaign may be discussed during the 29/4 meeting.
5. Next meetings. Tuesday 20 April and Tuesday 18 May. Both meetings at 19.30h in United Reform Church, Victoria Street, Littleborough.

Contact Information

Littleborough Canalside Development Group

Bent House Cottage
Halifax Road
OL15 0JB

Tel: 01706 376775

Meeting times

Meetings are normally held on the third Tuesday each month starting at 7.30pm

The group is now meeting at 

Hare Hill House, Hare Hill Park Littleborough OL15 9HF