J & J Ormerod were founded over 100 years ago and now the leading supplier to many of the best outlets within the industry. We produce over 600 Kitchens, Bedrooms and Bathrooms every week and are widely recognised for our quality of service. Over 400 employees operate from our 1.1 million square foot base, where the latest machine technology is married to some of the exacting skill of furniture manufacture.
The Engineering team have an exciting new position for 2 enthusiastic Apprentices to be part of the Engineering process. The business is looking to train an Apprentice to a technical level, initially operating CNC machinery.
The successful candidate will operate CNC machines and learn all aspects of the production of kitchens, bathrooms and bedroom furniture.
Duties to include:
- Operating, programming and setting of CNC machines
- Working to tight tolerances and checking own work
- Working to company drawings and specifications
- Good housekeeping - keeping work area clean and manageable
- Supporting the Planning function in development of machining methods and strategies
- Undertaking training as required
- Reporting tooling requirements to production Manager Compliance with Health and Safety requirements at all times
- The role will include occasional lifting/movement of components and be working in areas where solvents/dust and noise are present (All Protective items/clothing provided where necessary)
- Duties will include assistance with the production of finished products. Once trained you will operate machinery and play a key a key role in the operation using machinery
- We are inviting enthusiastic individuals who are committed to learning new skills and knowledge with the appropriate experience and personal qualities to apply for this exciting opportunity
- Full training will be provided by experienced senior engineers
- No experience is required as full training will be provided, but an understanding of computer programming would be a distinct advantage
- Able to work in small teams
- Good communication skills
- Highly motivated
- GCSE or equivalent (A-D Required) - maths and English