Job Title – HSEQ Officer
Department – HSEQ
Reporting to – General Manager
To develop HSEQ as a business focused contributor to achieving Spaans Babcock Ltd mission of driving change, improving safety standards and initiating behavioural change within the company culture.
Key Result Area
- Responsible for managing the Company’s HSEQ compliance, ensuring statutory requirements are met and to drive accountability and ownership across the company.
- Work closely with staff and the Senior Management Team on continuous improvement of HSEQ measures ensuring best practice is embedded into the operation.
- Work with the Sales Department in the preparation of tender submission/client presentations when required.
- Continuously improve the quality of the operation, ensuring high standard of delivery and identifying learning points.
- Oversee training and development of staff, and asset management related to HSEQ.
- Support the provision of occupational health and well being within the business.
- Experience or keen interest in Human Resource Management.
Skills and Experience – preferred but not essential
- Proven experience working in a Safety and Quality management role in engineering and /or construction industries.
- To have a successful track record of working with auditors and clients.
- Ability to build relationships and influence people at all levels, to drive continuous improvements and change through the organisation.
- To have developed and run systems such as ISO 9001, 14001 & 18001/45001 through accredited bodies.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, have a personable nature with effective and clear communication skills.
- Tactful and diplomatic when dealing with people, treating them with dignity and respect at all times.
- Problem solver – can apply a range of analytical techniques to understand complex information issues, considers a range of options and their effects.
The role of the HSEQ officer will require a recognised safety and environmental qualification (diploma level or equivalent) and should hold or be working towards an auditor’s qualification for ISO.