Local Poundworld stores to remain open
Date published: 10 July 2018
Poundworld on Yorkshire Street, Rochdale
Discount retailer Poundworld has announced the closure of 25 of its stores later this month, but all of Rochdale’s look set to remain open.
There are three Poundworld stores in the borough on Yorkshire Street & Kingsway in Rochdale and in the Middleton Shopping Centre, employing a total of 36 members of staff.
The budget retailer appointed Deloitte as administrators after a rescue deal fell through.
Clare Boardman, joint administrator, commented: “Whilst we remain hopefully that a sale for part of the business can still happen, it has not been possible to sell the business as a whole, resulting in today’s announcement. We would like to thank all the employees for their continued support and commitment during this difficult time. We are keeping staff appraised of developments as they happen.”
The impacted 25 stores will hold their last day of trading on Sunday 15 July 2018. This will unfortunately result in the redundancies of 242 employees on Tuesday 17 July 2018.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man taken to hospital after being shot near Falinge Park
- 2Mother’s heartache as killer of Chloe Cockton to be allowed home leave from prison
- 3A Castleton woman has been jailed for a collision which left a mother unable to walk
- 4Motorcyclist receives serious leg injuries as collision closes part of Oldham Road in both...
- 5Ealees pond and meadow to be cleared and restored