The Haberdashery moves to Drake Street
Date published: 12 July 2018
One of Rochdale’s longest established businesses, The Haberdashery, has relocated from Baillie Street to Drake Street, due to the ongoing town centre regeneration.
The store sells everything from ribbons and trimmings to zips and buttons with crafts such as embroidery, cross-stitch, card and toy making, and other hobbies catered for.
Clifford Harker, who now runs the Haberdashery, married into the trade when the business was operated from a few market stalls in the region, during the 1960s.
As a result, Clifford has relocated around Rochdale several times over the years alongside the market, but has never left the town.
Clifford said: “A lot of people don’t know where I’ve moved to and I want them to know I’m still around, just opposite the Wellington, before what used to be Butterworth’s Jewellers.
“I think some people are unsure what a haberdashery actually is, but we sell all kinds of things for sewing, such as goods for making dresses, renovating or fixing clothing.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Off-road bikers terrorise lorry driver in Milnrow and were caught on camera
- 2Armed robbery at Norden Co-op
- 3Man disqualified for 46 months after drink-driving collision
- 4Rochdale pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants to benefit from the BID
- 5Application for Crimble Lane house to become a residential institution submitted