Mayor opens new B&M store
Date published: 29 November 2018
Mayor Mohammed Zaman opens the new B&M Wallhead store, on Kingsway Retail Park
The Mayor of Rochdale opened the new B&M Wallhead store, on Kingsway Retail Park yesterday (Wednesday 28 November).
The staff were asked to nominate a local charity they think truly deserves some VIP treatment for the work they do for the local community.
They chose the team from Springhill Hospice who took centre stage to officially unveil the new B&M store, alongside the Mayor, Councillor Mohammed Zaman.
In addition to opening the new store, the team will also receive £250 worth of B&M vouchers to go towards the charity.
Store manager Pete Timmins said: “The team from Springhill Hospice really stood out for us as they go the extra mile for local women in the community, we wanted to give them some VIP treatment as a thank you for all the hard work they do.
“We hope that our donation can help them to continue the great work they do.
The former Poundworld store has undergone an internal and external refurbishment programme and created more than 35 new jobs for local people.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Middleton takeaway wins two awards at first-ever English Asian Food Awards 2019
- 2Children’s ‘retro arcade’ plan given the green light
- 3Safe fished out of Rochdale canal reunited with owner a decade after being stolen in armed robbery
- 4Friends help with travel costs as Millie fights second cancer battle
- 5What 2019/20 budget will mean for Rochdale