Rochdale 30 revealed for 2019
Date published: 08 November 2019
The Small Business Saturday Rochdale 30 celebration
This year's Rochdale 30 were revealed at a special tea and cake reception at Rochdale Town Hall on Thursday 31 October.
Rochdale 30 is the borough’s celebration of Small Business Saturday, an annual celebration of independent businesses, which highlights the important role they play in their community.
Mayor Billy Sheerin spoke about the importance of small business in Rochdale for both the community and economy; Arron Dixon from the Paper Concept, one of last year’s 30, spoke about the problems of isolation for micro businesses and the importance of finding a supportive network.
The Rochdale 30 campaign founder, Ruth Pringle, asked everyone to support this year’s #Rochdale30 campaign and spoke about Small Business Saturday and how important it is to support our small businesses.
She said: “Rochdale boasts a huge number of amazing small businesses, each offering a unique and personal service, and it’s a privilege to celebrate a selection of them again on our fourth year of the Rochdale 30 campaign.
“As we highlight these 30 businesses on the run up to Small Business Saturday on 7 December, I would encourage everyone that it’s only supporting them with our spending that we can maintain such an asset to our town.”
Ruth began the successful Rochdale 30 campaign in 2016, returning each year since.
Each selected business features in a campaign, with a different one being profiled each day, in the run-up to Small Business Saturday on 7 December.
This year’s chosen Rochdale 30 are:
- The Rochale Bathbomb Company
- Mind Body and Soul Pilates
- Little Unicorn Face Painting
- Copper Cup
- Risk Averse Ltd
- Fresh Thinking Solution Focused Hypnotherapy
- Mrs Barber's Bakery
- Rochdale Occupational Health Service Ltd (ROHS)
- Stitchesrus (Professional Workwear by Stitchesrus)
- Laura Eliz Beauty Salon
- Kiddy Sticks
- Doodles Children’s Accessories
- Horses To Hounds Physiotherapy
- Rainbow – Well-being Therapy Centre
- Grâcîe & Mîllîe’s Pooch Mooch @ Your Service
- Koutes Manchester Ltd
- Louise Lyons Photography
- Adam James Hair Design
- The Ink in my Scars (Book)
- Craig Smith Coaching
- Pudding Paradise
- Dotty Red
- Rochdale Pilates & Yoga Studio
- Jojo’s Handmade Home
- Buckley Menswear
- Candy Kabin
- Lakeside Therapies
- Spikes and Sparkles
- Classy Cakes
- Sand Art with Tracey
Councillor John Blundell, cabinet member for regeneration, business, skills and employment at Rochdale Borough Council, said: “Small businesses are the lifeblood of our communities and something that we should all support as much as we can. They bring something wonderful and unique to the high street and ensure that more of the money which is spent in our borough, stays in our borough.
“These 30 companies are great examples of the fantastic small business community we have here in Rochdale and I’m proud to see their achievements being celebrated this Small Business Saturday.”
Small Business Saturday UK is a grassroots, non-commercial campaign, which highlights small business success and encourages consumers to 'shop local' and support small businesses in their communities.
Now in its seventh year in the UK, the Small Business Saturday campaign has grown significantly each year with an estimated £812m spent in small businesses across the UK on 2018’s Small Business Saturday – an 8% increase on last year.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Trams suspended between Oldham and Rochdale following fatal collision
- 2Police investigating the rape of 16-year old girl in Wardle
- 3Littleborough care home rated ‘Good’ following unannounced inspection
- 4‘Disturbing’ number of council staff do not feel safe at work
- 5Police are continuing to investigate the rape of a teenage girl in Rochdale