KFC and Travelodge on the way for Sandbrook Park as building work starts
Date published: 19 December 2019
Photo: Rochdale Online
Building Travelodge and KFC at Sandbrook Park
Work has started on building the new Travelodge hotel and KFC at Sandbrook Park.
Planning permission was granted for the site, near the Trade Centre car dealership, in 2017.
Building of the new units started in autumn 2019, which will bring a 66-room Travelodge and KFC drive-through restaurant to Sandbrook Park.
Speaking in September to the Local Democracy Reporting Service, the company behind the application investment firm DVS, said the Travelodge and KFC expected to be built and open by the end of summer 2020.
A spokesman for the company added: “This will bring a great new hotel and a further restaurant offering to the park. The additional footfall generated to the scheme is obviously welcome news to the other occupiers in the park.
“In the current challenging economic climate, it is remarkable to see such heavy investment and we are extremely pleased.”
Additional reporting: Nick Statham, Local Democracy Reporter
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police investigating the rape of 16-year old girl in Wardle
- 2Trams suspended between Oldham and Rochdale following fatal collision
- 3Littleborough care home rated ‘Good’ following unannounced inspection
- 4Security manager prosecuted for allowing fly-tipping at Turner Brothers Asbestos site
- 5‘Disturbing’ number of council staff do not feel safe at work