Last chance to enter new employees to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
Date published: 08 June 2020
HM Revenue & Customs furlough portal
Employers who intend to furlough an employee who hasn’t been furloughed before, will need to start their period of furlough on or before 10 June – this is the last day on which someone who has never been furloughed before can start a period of furlough and qualify for the scheme – this ensures the minimum three-week period is complete by 30 June.
Emplyoers will then have until 31 July to make a claim for any periods of furlough up until 30 June – this applies to both employees furloughed for the first time and those previously furloughed and claimed for.
From 1 July, employers will have the flexibility to bring previously furloughed employees back to work part time.
From 1 August, employers will need to contribute towards the wage costs of your furloughed employees until the scheme ends on 31 October.
More details on the scheme and how to apply is available at:
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1New coronavirus walk-in testing centre is being set up in Middleton
- 2Nearly 90 ‘much-needed’ new homes to be built on Middleton estate
- 3Number of mourners allowed at funerals increases
- 4Prime Minister announces planning permission shake-up
- 5Alternative plans for HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail ‘could save billions’ with new underground...