Last chance for businesses to respond to rates review
Date published: 16 September 2020
This call for evidence seeks views on how the business rates system currently works
The first phase of a government consultation inviting businesses and stakeholders to contribute to reviewing business rates is closing this Friday (18 September).
This call for evidence seeks views on how the business rates system currently works, issues to be addressed, ideas for change and a number of alternative taxes.
An interim report will be published in the autumn, following responses on the multiplier and reliefs sections.
Responses will be sought in two phases. Responses on all other sections are invited by 31 October, ahead of the review’s conclusion in spring 2021.
More information can be found at:
Ways to respond
- Online: www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/businessratesreview2020/
- Email: BusinessRatesReview2020@hmtreasury.gov.uk
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1'Recklessly driven' car crashes into telegraph pole
- 2Nurse at local hospital struck off nine years after giving patient wrong medication
- 3Enjoy 50% off social media’s famous ‘monster’ kebab – as BadBoy Kebabs comes to Sudden
- 4Man arrested on assault and kidnap charges after 'domestic disturbance'
- 5Highfield House resident celebrates an amazing 108th birthday