Last chance for businesses to respond to rates review
Date published: 16 September 2020
This call for evidence seeks views on how the business rates system currently works
The first phase of a government consultation inviting businesses and stakeholders to contribute to reviewing business rates is closing this Friday (18 September).
This call for evidence seeks views on how the business rates system currently works, issues to be addressed, ideas for change and a number of alternative taxes.
An interim report will be published in the autumn, following responses on the multiplier and reliefs sections.
Responses will be sought in two phases. Responses on all other sections are invited by 31 October, ahead of the review’s conclusion in spring 2021.
More information can be found at:
Ways to respond
- Online: www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/businessratesreview2020/
- Email: BusinessRatesReview2020@hmtreasury.gov.uk
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man dies after being hit by a vehicle while lying in the road after being assaulted
- 2Packer Street taped off by police following serious incident
- 3Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of man in Rochdale
- 4Inspirational Rochdale teacher honoured in UK celebration of teaching
- 5Grade-II* listed church St John the Baptist has been awarded funding for repairs