Rochdale scent company makes historical scent range for Warwick Castle
Date published: 09 October 2020
Photo: Warwick Castle
Warwick Castle's Kingmaker uses authentic scents from Rochdale's AromaPrime
Rochdale-based scent company AromaPrime has provided a unique scent range for a medieval experience at Warwick Castle.
Warwick Castle features an immersive experience called Kingmaker, where visitors can walk through scenes recreated to be just as they were in 1471, featuring historic smells like a medieval stable, the leather worn by soldiers, the oak of the treasurer’s chamber and even the smoky essence of the castle’s blacksmith workshop.
The seven distinct scents are available for the public to own as oil for dispensers, as sprays or in hand-held Aroma Cubes, which can be passed around and sniffed by classes learning about medieval history.
Liam Findlay said: “Being able to smell the time period you’re learning about really helps to spark your imagination and makes you feel like you’re right there, in the past.”
AromaPrime also creates authentic scents for the likes of the Natural History Museum, The British Museum, Jorvik Viking Centre and Alton Towers.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Council leader's concerns for vulnerable as Rochdale’s infection rate rises to highest in region
- 2Residents on low incomes offered £500 Test and Trace Support Payment to self-isolate
- 3Greater Manchester to move into Tier 3 restrictions
- 4Work to begin on site for 240 new homes in Rochdale town centre
- 5Investigation launched after gunshots fired in Heywood