Ace Clearance wins Heywood and Middleton Small Business Award
Date published: 10 December 2022
Ace Clearance won the award for Best Small Business
Ace Clearance has been named the winner of the 2022 Heywood and Middleton Small Business Award from MP Chris Clarkson.
The local MP sought nominations from members of the community for their favourite small, local or independent businesses in the Heywood and Middleton constituency to mark Small Business Saturday on 3 December.
Ace Clearance, located on Sadler Street in Middleton, received the most nominations and had outstanding remarks from residents. Over 600 nominations were received for over 40 businesses in total.
Anthony Sharkey, store manager of Ace Clearance, said: “It was overwhelming. I didn’t even know we’d been put forward for it.
“I was told that we received way over 300 nominations, so it’s been a surprise.
“The certificate is stamped at the bottom by the house of commons, and It has Chris Clarkson’s signature on there as well.”
Mr Clarkson said: “Local and independent businesses are vital to Britain’s economy and social fabric. We are very fortunate to have so many great, local and independent businesses in our community.
“This competition is all about celebrating them and their hard work.”
The Business Secretary, Grant Shapps, has also sent his congratulations to Ace Clearance and all the small businesses in the Heywood and Middleton constituency.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale Asda distribution drivers employed by Wincanton strike for pay parity
- 2Our Gracie's: new micro-pub serving real ale opens in Rochdale town centre
- 3Dispersal order for Rochdale town centre after ‘groups of youths’ reported to be fighting
- 4Rochdale mum co-authors best-selling Christmas Treasury storybook
- 5Concerns after one of Europe’s ‘most important wildlife sites’ in Greater Manchester turns ‘dirty...