New fireworks business opens in Castleton
Date published: 26 September 2023
Boom Fireworks open day
A new year-round fireworks business has opened on the Harp Industrial Estate in Castleton.
Boom Fireworks, which has been running in Manchester for over 20 years and is owned by Hashum Malik, opened at its second location on 26 August.
The open day saw entertainment including stilts walking, juggling and fire eaters, as well as the local fire brigade and refreshments, plus safety sparklers and flares for children.
Branch office manager Jennifer Parker said that Mr Malik wanted to provide the community with “fireworks at reasonable prices for their events,” adding that the businessman, who played cricket at Norden, “is proud of what Rochdale has to offer.”
Jennifer said: “Boom Fireworks has provided local cricket clubs, football and rugby clubs with fireworks for their displays for bonfire night supporting them with the event making it a success for them all.
“We are open all year round, offering knowledge and experience in fireworks. We are very strict with safety and have a great relationship with the local fire department who attended on the day.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale Asda distribution drivers employed by Wincanton strike for pay parity
- 2Our Gracie's: new micro-pub serving real ale opens in Rochdale town centre
- 3Dispersal order for Rochdale town centre after ‘groups of youths’ reported to be fighting
- 4Rochdale mum co-authors best-selling Christmas Treasury storybook
- 5Concerns after one of Europe’s ‘most important wildlife sites’ in Greater Manchester turns ‘dirty...