Bella Sera named Highly Recommended at English Italian Awards 2023
Date published: 17 October 2023
Bella Sera in Heywood won a Highly Recommended award
The Bella Sera Italian restaurant in Heywood has won an award at the English Italian Awards 2023.
The restaurant was a finalist in the Best Restaurant in the North West category and won a ‘Highly Recommended’ award at the awards ceremony in Leeds on 8 October.
The Rochdale Road East venue was last year taken over by Rajmondo Hasanaj – known as Chef Mondo – who himself has previously been nominated for the Best Italian English Chef title twice. He was nominated once when working as the head chef at Don Giovanni, Manchester, and again when he owned Pagliacci in Hyde.
Chef Mondo, who has worked alongside celebrity chefs including Aldo Zilli and Jean-Christophe Novelli, has described his restaurant as “a hidden gem of Rochdale and the wider North West region.”
He said the win was down to the hard work of “our amazing team, real passion for food and customer satisfaction.”
Bella Sera serves a variety of traditional Italian dishes, such as pasta, pizza, meat and seafood dishes, as well as vegan and gluten-free options.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale Asda distribution drivers employed by Wincanton strike for pay parity
- 2Our Gracie's: new micro-pub serving real ale opens in Rochdale town centre
- 3Dispersal order for Rochdale town centre after ‘groups of youths’ reported to be fighting
- 4Rochdale mum co-authors best-selling Christmas Treasury storybook
- 5Concerns after one of Europe’s ‘most important wildlife sites’ in Greater Manchester turns ‘dirty...