Mellor bought by Belgian industrial entrepreneur
Date published: 22 December 2023
Three custom-configured Orion buses manufactured by Mellor
Rochdale-based bus manufacturer Mellor has been bought by an esteemed Belgian industrial entrepreneur.
Mellor Bus and five other businesses – Coleman Milne, VCS Police, Treka Bus, Promech, and JM Engineering – have been bought by leading specialist vehicle manufacturer Dumarey Group and consolidated under the umbrella of Woodall Nicholson into the family portfolio of Dumarey companies.
Guido Dumarey, the owner of the Dumarey Group, said: "This is an exciting acquisition for us. The Woodall Nicholson businesses have a strong market position and a disruptive product portfolio, as is evident in their robust order book.
“We're eager to collaborate with their talented teams to continue delivering innovative mobility solutions. This marks a significant step towards our commitment to shaping a future where environmentally conscious transportation is accessible to all."
Since 2009, Guido Dumarey has focused on the automotive industry, engaging in the development and production of various automotive components such as automatic transmissions, injectors, flywheels, kinetic energy recovery systems, and e-mobility applications.
With operations and subsidiaries in Belgium, France, Italy, China, and the UK, the Dumarey Group, will be employing approximately 3,000 people at the start of 2024, and has been a driving force in the automotive industry for the past 40 years.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Serious collision on Wildhouse Lane leaves driver in life-threatening condition
- 2David Tully’s reaction to being the runner up in the Rochdale by-election
- 3Autistic Middleton author's latest book explores how to survive puberty as a teenage girl with...
- 4Roadworks, temporary local road closures and restrictions
- 5Rochdale by-election: George Galloway wins seat and independent David Tully is second with over...