Mind and body care for long serving Asda workers
Date published: 21 January 2010
Asda colleagues with Mind and Body Natural Health Centre in Bury staff pictured at Asda store, Rochdale. Left to right, Andrea Lowe, (Manager at Health centre), Eileen Shippam, Chris Powell, Barry Todd (Health Centre), Dorothy Meyrick, Geri O Hara and Rachel (store services manager)
Long serving employees at Asda Rochdale got a special treat on Friday 22 January.
Workers who have been at Asda for more than thirty years received a special mind and body workout as a thank you for their years of service.
The five colleagues received a neck and shoulder massage, some basic breathing exercises and simple chair yoga moves to help rejuvenate their minds for the year ahead.
The colleagues also each received a pamper pack to take home with them filled with mind and body care products.
General Store Manager, Tony Rutherford said: “We are so pleased to be able to reward our five longest serving colleagues with this surprise – looking after your mind and body is very important!”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Four men jailed for brutal gang axe attack which left a man with life-changing injuries
- 2Job information sessions for new Rochdale Riverside – all you need to know
- 3New out-of-hours support for mental health launched at Rochdale Infirmary
- 4Pedestrian taken to hospital with serious injuries after collision
- 5Number of people receiving Universal Credit support in Rochdale reaches 13,000