CLA backs badger cull companies as pilot starts
Date published: 28 August 2013
The Country Land and Business Association (CLA) logo
The CLA has backed the companies and farmers engaged in the pilot badger control operations which have begun.
CLA President Harry Cotterell said: “These pilot badger controls are a vital start to the programme to tackle and eradicate Bovine TB, a disease that is devastating to farmers, rural businesses and landowners.
“Managing TB in badgers is an essential part of the strategy seeking to eradicate this terrible disease from livestock and wildlife in England.
"Bovine TB in England has already cost the taxpayer an estimated £500million in the past decade, and, without a wildlife control programme including the cull, this would rise to around £1billion over the next 10 years.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man dies after being hit by a vehicle while lying in the road after being assaulted
- 2Packer Street taped off by police following serious incident
- 3Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of man in Rochdale
- 4Inspirational Rochdale teacher honoured in UK celebration of teaching
- 5Grade-II* listed church St John the Baptist has been awarded funding for repairs