Obituary - Dr Bindu Kafle
Date published: 27 October 2016
Dr Bindu Kafle
Dr Bindu Kafle, who has been a partner at Healey Surgery since February 2003, died on Monday (24 October) after a short illness.
Much loved by her patients, Dr Kafle was born in 1962 in Nepal, but made the UK her home in 1987, most recently living in the Norden area.
She trained in gynaecology and obstetrics and joined the NHS in 1991, holding the following qualifications: MBBS, MRCOG, MRCGP, DFFP Special Interest: Women’s Health, Family Planning and Minor Surgery.
She leaves behind her husband Suresh, who is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon, and her two sons.
Dr Musharraf Hussain, Senior Partner at Healey Surgery, said: "She was a good friend and colleague who will be sorely missed by all doctors, staff and patients at Healey Surgery.
"She was much loved by her patients, with many leaving touching messages for her family and friends on social media.
"Many of her patients felt she was a very understanding doctor, commending the service of care she provided over the years."
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Off-road bikers terrorise lorry driver in Milnrow and were caught on camera
- 2Armed robbery at Norden Co-op
- 3Man disqualified for 46 months after drink-driving collision
- 4Rochdale pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants to benefit from the BID
- 5Application for Crimble Lane house to become a residential institution submitted