Obituary: Paul Kettle
Date published: 15 January 2018
It is with great sadness Milnrow & Newhey Carnival announce that their chairman, Mr Paul Kettle, lost his battle with a long-term illness and died peacefully at Springhill Hospice on the 11 January surrounded by friends and family.
Paul had been a member of the carnival committee for 11 years and was largely responsible for the carnival's longevity and ongoing success.
He was passionate about the carnival and devoted much of his free time to create the well-loved community event that it is today.
Claire Kierans, secretary to the carnival, said: “Paul will be very much missed as part of the team but the committee will pull together and continue to strive to make the event bigger and better in his memory.”
In remembrance of Paul and his outstanding contribution to the carnival over the years, 50 balloons in his favourite colours, green and blue, will be released in his honour at Milnrow Memorial Park on carnival day, Saturday 23 June.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Children’s ‘retro arcade’ plan given the green light
- 2Safe fished out of Rochdale canal reunited with owner a decade after being stolen in armed robbery
- 3Middleton takeaway wins two awards at first-ever English Asian Food Awards 2019
- 4Voltalab - The hidden gem of Rochdale’s music history
- 5What 2019/20 budget will mean for Rochdale