Obituary: Mariano (Mario) Bagaglia
Date published: 28 May 2019
Mariano Bagaglia died on 11th April in hospital in Italy, aged 82, after a short period of illness.
Mario was a former GM Buses/First Bus driver, proudly and tirelessly serving the Rochdale and Greater Manchester public for over 30 years.
Mario was well-known and loved around Rochdale for his cheery disposition and taking care of his passengers. One passenger wrote the following letter to the Rochdale Observer:
"I would like to say how pleasant the driver of a Kirkholt bus was on a very cold day. He seemed to know each passenger, and the majority by their first name. He treated the elderly with great respect. This driver is one on his own. When people were leaving the bus each one said "See you, Mario". GM Buses should be very proud to have such an employee."
Mario is greatly missed by his wife Lidia, children Daniela and Mark, his adoring grandchildren and all the extended family.
The funeral took place in Italy where he had been living since his retirement. A memorial service will be taking place in Rochdale at the beginning of June for family and friends.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Primulas planted on Rochdale canal towpath stolen
- 2Coronavirus assessment centre set to open in Middleton next week
- 3New Rochdale Riverside M&S store to open as planned as Monday 6 April
- 4Boxes of frozen chicken dumped in two locations a mile apart
- 5Millions processed in coronavirus fight as council works round the clock to keep businesses afloat