Obituary: Ian Niven
Date published: 08 October 2020
On 1st October 2020, peacefully and at home, David Ian Gilmour Niven, aged 85 years.
Loving husband of the late Barbara, much loved father of Elizabeth and Alistair, loving Grandpa to Katherine, Andrew, Hayley and Laura, dear father in law to David and Beverley, and much loved friend to Viv.
Organist and choirmaster of St Andrews’ Methodist and URC and formerly Trinity Presbyterian Church for over 65 years. Founder member and first musical director of the Northern Baroque Orchestra.
Funeral service to take place on Friday 16 October 2020 at 2.20pm at Rochdale Crematorium. Family flowers only please, but donations if desired to Springhill Hospice with which Ian had a long association.
Any enquiries, including online broadcasting arrangements, to Herbert Smith and Sons (01706 645403).
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Half term help for school lunches
- 2The Tier 3 restrictions that came into effect today for Greater Manchester
- 3Volunteers needed at Reuse Littleborough
- 4LA rockers join forces with Rochdale bikers to help local children
- 5Mission accomplished as World War Two veteran’s garden is transformed by volunteers