Obituary: Ian Niven
Date published: 08 October 2020
On 1st October 2020, peacefully and at home, David Ian Gilmour Niven, aged 85 years.
Loving husband of the late Barbara, much loved father of Elizabeth and Alistair, loving Grandpa to Katherine, Andrew, Hayley and Laura, dear father in law to David and Beverley, and much loved friend to Viv.
Organist and choirmaster of St Andrews’ Methodist and URC and formerly Trinity Presbyterian Church for over 65 years. Founder member and first musical director of the Northern Baroque Orchestra.
Funeral service to take place on Friday 16 October 2020 at 2.20pm at Rochdale Crematorium. Family flowers only please, but donations if desired to Springhill Hospice with which Ian had a long association.
Any enquiries, including online broadcasting arrangements, to Herbert Smith and Sons (01706 645403).
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Two of Rochdale grooming gang members second appeal to remain in the UK
- 2Planning approved for new hotel and apartment blocks in Rochdale town centre
- 3Planning submitted to redevelop Hollingworth Lake Visitor Centre to Rochdale's new RSPCA Animal...
- 4Heywood Market refurbishment sees phase one of transformation complete
- 5Police officer injured in collision when responding to 999 call