Obituary: Helen Mavis Evans
Date published: 10 February 2023
Helen Mavis Evans
25th January 1941 to 10th January 2023.
Helen passed away peacefully at Fairfield Hospital on the evening of 10th January 2023, aged 81.
She will be sadly missed by all family and friends.
Helen was born in Guilden Sutton, Cheshire. She worked in a family market garden business as well as in a china and glassware shop in Chester before joining the police for a short time. Here she met Peter and they married. Peter and Helen moved to Smithy Bridge in 1973, and have lived there ever since. They have 4 children and 5 grand-children.
Helen was friendly, approachable and modest which served her well during her time as Rochdale Mayoress 2007-2008. Helen had a great sense of humour and was never short of a witty comment in private! Helen devoted nearly all of her later years to supporting her family. Her cheerful disposition will be missed by all that met and knew her.
Her service at Rochdale Crematorium is at 10:30am on Tuesday 28 February 2023. All who knew her are welcome to attend.
Family flowers only, by request, thank you. Donations to Oxfam would be greatly appreciated.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale Exchange Shopping Centre has been bought
- 2Rochdale Asda distribution drivers employed by Wincanton strike for pay parity
- 3Our Gracie's: new micro-pub serving real ale opens in Rochdale town centre
- 4Dispersal order for Rochdale town centre after ‘groups of youths’ reported to be fighting
- 5Rochdale mum co-authors best-selling Christmas Treasury storybook