Rochdale Training - still open for business
Date published: 18 November 2020
Rochdale Training is still supporting employers and learners during lockdown
Rochdale Training is currently operating ‘business as usual’ - training today’s people for tomorrow’s business.
In these uncertain times, Rochdale Training and its staff are doing all they can to accommodate employers and learners across Greater Manchester.
The training provider, based on Fishwick Street, Rochdale, currently has several employment opportunities for residents through 15 apprenticeship vacancies and 30 pre-apprenticeship programmes.
- Achieve a nationally recognised qualification
- Develop knowledge to progress into your chosen career
- One-to-one support from the tutors and mentors at Rochdale Training
- Manual handling
- Guaranteed work experience and interview
- Progression onto a full apprenticeship
- Expenses provided
- Benefits will not be affected
Below are a few examples of what Rochdale Training can offer you.
Business Administration Traineeship
Business Administration is the backbone of any company. Day-to-day tasks might involve putting together spreadsheets, typing up important documents, fielding phone calls or taking minutes at board meetings.
You might start out in an entry-level position, such as working as an office junior, receptionist or administrator, but you can work your way up to become a personal secretary, administration executive, or even an office manager.
Rochdale Training is supporting candidates to get quality work experience and skills training with local employers. The traineeship is a pre-employment course, which is a flexible education and training programme with work experience that unlocks the great potential of candidates and will prepare them for future careers.
Pre-Engineering Apprenticeship Programme (BAME)
Rochdale Training has secured funding to support BAME residents into Engineering Apprenticeships.
Research by the National Learning and Work Institute shows that only 9% of adult learners on apprenticeships are from BAME groups, compared with 19% on adult learning as a whole.
This pre-apprenticeship programme is specifically for BAME residents who want to get an engineering apprenticeship. Employability accredited training will be delivered to build confidence and skills with the support of a Learning/Workplace Mentor.
Work experience will be delivered via our contacts with 240 companies across Greater Manchester, and learners will be guaranteed interviews for Engineering Apprenticeships.
Pre-Teaching Assistance Apprenticeship Programme (Lone Parents)
Rochdale Training has also secured funding to support lone parents into Teaching Assistant Apprenticeships. This programme is for lone parents and designed with flexibility in mind, offering a blended approach of traditional group learning and/or more training packages.
Accredited training will be delivered, as will confidence building and wrap round support via a Rochdale Training Learning Mentor.
Work experience will also be delivered through contacts with 50 primary and 11 secondary schools in the borough, and learners will be guaranteed interviews for Teaching Assistant Apprenticeships.
£4,000 Employer Incentive Available – Apprenticeship Recruitment
Rochdale Training is pleased to offer our employers several new incentives to recruit apprentices and offer short work experiences. We want more young people across Greater Manchester to have access to high quality training to gain the skills needed for future jobs.
Can you support a young person into work?
If you recruit an apprentice between August 2020 to January 2021, you could be eligible for a cash incentive of up to £4,000.
- Start a new apprentice aged 16-24 and receive £2,000
- Recruit a new apprentice aged 25+ and receive £1,500
- Offer a short work placement of 100 hours and receive £1,000 per person
- This is in addition to the existing £1,000 incentive already provided for new apprentices aged 16-18
Apply now as places are limited. You can register by contacting one of the team at Rochdale Training on 01706 631417 or email@example.com
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Five men from Heywood, Rochdale and Littleborough charged with drug offences after dawn raids
- 2Man hit by car on motorway after fleeing police pursuit of ‘stolen’ vehicle is in a “serious...
- 3Man, 35, arrested on suspicion of arson after Manchester Road fire
- 4Man taken to hospital after two-vehicle collision closes Howard Street, Rochdale
- 5Oldham-Rochdale Metrolink line is “priority” for crime after nine assaults in one month