Skills bootcamp in welding (re-train or upskill in 5 weeks)
Date published: 07 December 2022
Welding - Tom
The team at Rochdale Training is celebrating having secured funding to deliver a skills bootcamp in welding for Greater Manchester employers and residents.
This training has been made possible thanks to Greater Manchester Combined Authority securing funding to deliver skills bootcamps, which form part of the government’s lifetime skills guarantee, helping everyone gain skills for life.
Skills bootcamps are fully-funded, flexible courses, giving people the opportunity to build up sector-specific skills and fast-track to an interview with an employer.
This skills bootcamp in welding is aimed at those looking to progress into a welding job or achieve progression into a better welding job. Rochdale Training are working with local employers who will be interviewing skills bootcamp candidates for jobs either immediately or in the near future.
This five-week skills bootcamp in welding has been designed in partnership with engineering employers across Greater Manchester and is for people who wish to retrain to gain practical skills and knowledge in welding and fabrication.
- Understanding and interpreting engineering information
- Engineering materials
- Material preparation, measuring and marking out to specification
- Shaping components using hand tools
- Metal fabrication techniques and processes
- Basic welding processes including MIG
- Safe use of power tools in a workshop environment
- H&S awareness
- Employability Skills
The training takes place - Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 9am to 2pm for five weeks.
Candidates will be invited into an information session at Rochdale Training before being offered a place on the course.
- Guaranteed interview with an employer
- Achieve an accredited qualification
- One-to-one support from the tutor/mentor to help get a job
- Benefits will not be affected
- All PPE is provided by Rochdale Training on a loan basis.
- Candidates must be 19+
- Candidates must be a Greater Manchester resident
- You must be committed for the full duration of the course at Rochdale Training
- Not already enrolled on any other funded course
- Must have the right to work in the UK
The next information session will take place on 15 December 2022 at 9.30am for the course to begin on 3 January 2023.
Start your apprenticeship career now.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale Exchange Shopping Centre has been bought
- 2Rochdale Asda distribution drivers employed by Wincanton strike for pay parity
- 3Our Gracie's: new micro-pub serving real ale opens in Rochdale town centre
- 4Dispersal order for Rochdale town centre after ‘groups of youths’ reported to be fighting
- 5Rochdale mum co-authors best-selling Christmas Treasury storybook