Volunteer opportunity for budding archaeologists
Date published: 19 April 2023
Photo: Rochdale Borough Council
The Broadfield Park slopes at the back of Rochdale Town Hall
An opportunity has arisen for local residents with an interest in archaeology who want first-hand experience investigating Rochdale's heritage.
Thanks to Rochdale Borough Council and support from The National Lottery Heritage Fund, Broadfield Park Slopes behind Rochdale Town Hall are undergoing a major restoration project and you can get involved.
Six volunteers have the opportunity to join a 10 week archaeological training programme, and a further 10 volunteers the opportunity to engage in on-site archaeological practice, between May and September 2023.
If you’re interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest before noon on Sunday 23 April 2023.
If selected, you will have the chance to meet the team from University of Salford who will be managing the dig. You will be able to find out more information about the project, and the team can get to know you better.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale Exchange Shopping Centre has been bought
- 2Rochdale Asda distribution drivers employed by Wincanton strike for pay parity
- 3Our Gracie's: new micro-pub serving real ale opens in Rochdale town centre
- 4Dispersal order for Rochdale town centre after ‘groups of youths’ reported to be fighting
- 5Rochdale mum co-authors best-selling Christmas Treasury storybook