Rochdale graduate in grand final of national beauty contest
Date published: 14 June 2018
A 27-year-old tourism management graduate from Rochdale has won a place in the grand finals of the UK 'Power Pageant'.
Evania Justino, who won the title of Miss Rochdale International, has beaten off competition from across the UK to be named as one of the finalists.
She will now take part in the UK Power Pageant at the Park Hall Hotel in Lancashire on 24 June, which will see national beauty queens being crowned: Miss International UK, Miss Grand England, Miss Scotland, & Wales, Miss Intercontinental England, Scotland.
Evania is planning to raise awareness about homeless by volunteering at Rochdale food bank which provides essentials for the local residents, and has been raising money for the Christies charity.
She said: "I feel like Rochdale is known for too many negative things such as poverty and low employment rate hopefully I can use my title to promote my town with positivity.”
All seven winners will be flown to their international final where they will compete against women from all over the world in the hopes of winning an international crown.
To donate, visit:
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Arrests at Rochdale caravan park
- 3Rochdale market to open in August
- 4Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 5Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child