Danczuk request for an increase in expenses
Date published: 07 January 2017
Danczuk request for an increase in expenses not granted by IPSA
Rochdale MP Simon Danczuk's request for an increase in expenses was not granted by the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA).
The MP requested an 'uplift to staffing budget' of £9,512.69. The budget for an MP outside London is already £141,400.
Last year, Mr Danczuk was ordered by IPSA to repay £11,583.20 he claimed in accommodation costs for two children who did not 'routinely' live with him.
As a result, Mr Danczuk's expense claims are currently the subject of a Metropolitan Police investigation.
Mr Danczuk has not responded to an invitation to comment.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Planning approved for new hotel and apartment blocks in Rochdale town centre
- 2Police chase suspected drug dealer over two miles of moorland after car pursuit through...
- 3Rochdale woman banned from driving for two years after string of driving offences
- 4Whitworth man and woman charged after Wallbank stabbing
- 5Go North West negotiations collapse without agreement as Manchester bus strikes set to continue