Danczuk request for an increase in expenses
Date published: 07 January 2017
Danczuk request for an increase in expenses not granted by IPSA
Rochdale MP Simon Danczuk's request for an increase in expenses was not granted by the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA).
The MP requested an 'uplift to staffing budget' of £9,512.69. The budget for an MP outside London is already £141,400.
Last year, Mr Danczuk was ordered by IPSA to repay £11,583.20 he claimed in accommodation costs for two children who did not 'routinely' live with him.
As a result, Mr Danczuk's expense claims are currently the subject of a Metropolitan Police investigation.
Mr Danczuk has not responded to an invitation to comment.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Front entrance of Rochdale railway station closed for seven days from Monday
- 2Stunning replica of planet Earth to be unveiled next month in Rochdale
- 3Rochdale to adopt 20mph speed limit on residential roads as councillors back call for safer streets
- 4Rochdale health visitor wins award for supporting isolated families during the pandemic
- 5Police investigation underway after two men assaulted in Rochdale