Still wintry with freezing temperatures and fog
Date published: 04 March 2018
Photo: Highways England
Still wintry with freezing temperatures and fog on the M62
Icy stretches will continue to be likely on untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths, and some hill snow is likely at times mainly over the Pennines, although amounts are expected to be small.
Driving conditions may become difficult and there is an increased chance of injuries from slips and falls on icy surfaces.
A spokesperson for Highways England said: "It’s still wintry out there and as the surrounding snow begins to thaw, quite wet too."
A police spokesperson said: "The snow may have (mostly) gone but we still have freezing temperatures and fog to contend with.
"Please drive to the conditions using fog lights when appropriate, remembering to turn them off when conditions improve."
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Off-road bikers terrorise lorry driver in Milnrow and were caught on camera
- 2Armed robbery at Norden Co-op
- 3Man disqualified for 46 months after drink-driving collision
- 4Rochdale pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants to benefit from the BID
- 5Application for Crimble Lane house to become a residential institution submitted