Man taken to hospital under mental health act
Date published: 13 September 2018
A man has been taken to hospital under the mental health act after police were called to a house off Kingsway.
Shortly after 10.20am this morning (Thursday 13 September) police were called to concerns for the welfare of a man at a property on Wray Place, Rochdale.
Officers attended, supported by the Tactical Aid Unit, and carried out an emergency entry to the property in order to ensure the safety of everyone, including the man.
In order to safely detain the man, a Taser was deployed.
A man in his 50s has been detained under the mental health act and taken to hospital.
No officers were injured during the incident.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Four-year-old boy donates long hair to Little Princess Trust after very first haircut
- 2Women Against Groomers demand legal action against Home Secretary for failing to deport members of...
- 3Rochdale’s Got Talent: finalists revealed
- 4Successful first step to restore Rochdale-Heywood-Bury railway line
- 5Government to publish paper into understanding grooming gangs