Announcing a success at Castleton
Date published: 07 December 2018
Castleton train station
Some months ago, the Friends of Castleton Station raised concerns to Vikky Cropper, the regional community person for Northern Railway about train announcements at the station.
The Friends group was worried that announcements such as, 'The next train at platform X is the xx to X' meant awaiting passengers moved forward toward the platform edge, only to be surprised if the next train to come along was a non-stopping service speeding past, with whistle sounding.
A spokesperson for the Friends of Castleton Station said: “A request for a new announcement similar to 'The next train on platform X does not stop here please stand well clear' has been successful.
“Now a message on the displays gives warning of a train passing through without stopping and this is re-enforced by an announcement advising waiting passengers to 'stand well clear of the platform edge'."
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale in Bloom dream of gold as they prepare to welcome RHS judges
- 2Further arrests following Greave Avenue 'disturbance'
- 3Police investigating the sale of dangerous fake-vaping products have raided two businesses in...
- 4Old Middleton, NUDE Middleton: group launches charity calendar
- 5More local residents attend A&E than ever before